||Meadow Event Park
POSITION SUMMARY: Manage commercial vendor sales for Meadow Event Park produced events (The State Fair of Virginia and The Virginia Farm Festival) and assist with Facility Rental Services
- Manage commercial sales for indoor, outdoor, and food segments for events at The Meadow Event Park.
- Work with core MEP team to recruit vendors that fit the overall marketing strategies for each event. This includes appropriate vendor placement based on layout objectives and facility infrastructure.
- Manage the entire process of contracting, payments and ordering of amenities.
- Manage relationships and communications with support personnel related to vendor sales: i.e., Concession Locater and Liaison, Building Superintendents; Virginia Department of Health, Commissioner of Revenue etc.
FACILITY RENTAL LOGISTICS
- Assist with planning and coordinating prospective MEP rental events including client communication in the initial contact phase, as well as prevent and postevent.
- Monitor event records to ensure the flow of information (contract, insurance, COI’s and event layouts) is on target.
- Maintained detailed records and communicate event needs to operations team, custodial partners, and food and beverage partner.
- Assist with researching industry best practices to recommend policy, pricing, and procedure changes.
- Utilize Ungerboeck event management software for record keeping and event scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain high level awareness of MEP’s alcohol sales programs and work with VP of Operations to establish best practices and creative strategies for development of sales locations.
- All other duties assigned by manager
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in event logistics preferred.
- Knowledge of the processes of vendor sales in the fair and festival industry preferred.
- Must have proficient knowledge and be able to utilize Microsoft products, with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Prefer experience with Ungerboeck event software
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business management, business administration, hospitality management, or other related field or a Two-year degree in a business field combined with experience
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays is required
- Outstanding communication skills are essential, including conflict resolution
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to work in high pressure environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Full-time salaried exempt position.
Benefits include health insurance, 401 (k) etc…
At VA Farm Bureau, we provide an exceptional benefits package, including ongoing job development and support in all roles, paid training and continuing education reimbursement, medical and dental insurance available on your first day, generous employee 401K contribution, excellent Paid Time off (PTO) plan and more!
Virginia Farm Bureau Companies provide equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, age disability, orientation or veteran status.
VAFB supports compliance with COVID-19 protocols.